Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyers
The aftermath of a personal injury accident can be very stressful and frightening, but there is hope. A few weeks after an accident, whiplash and concussions will usually heal by themselves. On the other hand, other injuries may require even more medical attention and take the worker away from work. Getting over a car accident can leave you feeling frustrated and as if your time is being consumed by the headache resulting from the crash. Even if you don’t think you can afford a personal injury attorney, you should still check out your legal rights.
Here’s what to do after you’ve been involved in or injured in a car accident:
Take a deep breath and breathe slowly. Keeping your attention on your breath and in the moment will help you regulate your nervous system and create a sense of calm.
Make sure your physical and mental health is in order. If you were injured, seek immediate medical attention. When soft tissue or the brain is involved, your injury may not show symptoms immediately. Be prepared to be sore for a few days after the wreck, as the shock of the crash will often dampen your pain. Be sure to seek medical attention. If you are not sure where to go, contact us. We can connect you with the right medical provider.
It is important that police are notified of the accident. In case of injuries, you should dial 911. If you need Alpharetta police assistance in a non-emergency situation, please call (678) 297-6300. When you’re on a state highway, you can contact the nearest Georgia State Patrol office.
Learn about the players. What is the name of the other driver? What is the license number of the other driver? What was the vehicle they were in? Which company insured them? Were there any witnesses? Try to find out as much information as you can about the other parties. Having more information will benefit you in the long run.
Call work and let them know what is happening. “Hi, I was in a car accident. I’m going to the hospital for treatment. I’ll call you at the end of the day to let you know how I’m doing. I won’t be at work today.”
Contact car accident lawyers Issa & Castro before speaking with your insurer. Why? You will find that most insurance companies are more interested in protecting their pockets than your health. Investigators know exactly how to ask questions that won’t reveal your whole story when you make a recorded statement. Thus, they may undervalue your claim.
How much is your case worth?
We all know how lawyers advertise their mega-dollar settlements. These people have shown us that they would gladly trade their health and mobility for cash at any time. Nevertheless, the costs you incur when you are in a collision are numerous, and you should be made whole for something that you did not cause.
Can you tell me how much your case is worth? We don’t intend to dodge your question, but the standard answer from car accident lawyers is “it depends.” Insurance policy limits and crash circumstances are different in every case. Every lawyer will have a different answer.
Our client was told that their case had no value. We were able to settle the case for $1,000,000 in the end. Does this happen all the time? Is there any chance of this happening in your case? It depends. Only an accident lawyer can tell you for sure.
We offer complimentary case evaluations over Zoom, so you don’t have to leave your home. We have over 20 years of experience in most county courtrooms in Georgia and can provide you with genuine advice about your case.
we're ready to fight for you
Ok, but how much do you charge after the free consultation?
We provide contingency-based services, meaning we don’t get paid until you do.
This means we can handle your case in the best way possible to maximize your recovery. In full compliance with the law, we will use our knowledge, experience, and resources to provide documentation, investigations, and negotiations without any charge to you. Contact 770-LAWSUIT today to arrange a complimentary case consultation to learn how aggressive and compassionate representation can assist you after a car accident.
Couldn’t I just handle this on my own?
Your insurance company can assist you with opening a claim. You can also schedule an appointment with the doctor. You can accept or reject any offer from your insurance company. You do not need an attorney. Nevertheless, it’s a good idea to hire one.
Here’s how lawyers like us can help.
The damage your body and vehicle sustain after a collision is just a glimpse of what happens afterward. One of our clients, despite having received little visible damage in a minor collision, developed chronic neck pain, which eventually reduced his mobility.
Even though everything appears to be fine today, we want to know if there will be further damage caused by this accident. To safeguard your health today and in the future, we will consult with your medical experts.
Expenses like car repairs and medical care will also cost you money. If you miss work, you will lose money. If you receive prescription medication or begin therapy, you are responsible for paying for it. By using our services, you can track and recover these expenses, so your finances aren’t affected by the car accident.
As an added benefit, we will communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf so that you don’t have to worry about saying the wrong thing. Let us relieve your stress so that you can recover, and we will safeguard your long and short-term interests.
In order to strengthen your case, we’ll prepare it as if we were going to trial. You shouldn’t worry – most cases are resolved outside of court. Nevertheless, we won’t treat your case as if it were going to be settled. We will prepare for trial as if you were going to court. As a result, you will always have representation standing up to the insurance company for you.
We are committed to protecting your peace of mind. There are many decisions that must be made when filing a personal injury suit, each of which has its own implications. You can receive strategic counsel so that you can decide whether to accept or reject any offers that are made, including whether to settle or to go to trial.
I’m interested. What kinds of cases do you handle?
We specialize in the strategic resolution of the following issues:
In the event of a collision between two cars or light trucks, one or both of the following generally happens:
– Hit and run
Speed, the direction of travel, vehicle weight, and many other factors determine the severity of each of these accidents. The most minor of accidents can result in serious injuries.
These accidents generally involve trucks, buses, or vehicles transporting hazardous materials. Many parties may be responsible for a crash involving commercial vehicles, and commercial drivers are expected to follow very specific guidelines. The right people will have to be held accountable for these complicated cases if you want aggressive representation.
Almost all of the vehicles on the road are larger and heavier than motorcycles, so riding a motorcycle is not without its risks.
Bicycling is an excellent way to get in shape or to go grocery shopping, but if you ride on a busy road, it can be worrisome. Despite not following traffic safety laws, a negligent driver may be held responsible for your injuries.
Doesn’t it seem like we are in greater danger as we write about these kinds of cases? Whenever traffic and vehicles are involved, walking can become more dangerous than it should be.
There is a certain level of care that should be provided to you when it comes to your health. The experience of an injury caused by a healthcare provider can be extremely stressful.
Nursing Home Abuse
We understand the agony you feel when your loved one is abused, even though we find talking about abuse difficult. If your elder family member shows signs of distress, has physical symptoms that appear suddenly, or is missing money after a period in a nursing home, please contact us. No one deserves this kind of treatment.
If a property is in disrepair, it may present hazardous conditions that cause trips and falls. Slip and fall accidents that result in injury are sometimes caused by broken railings, obstructed sidewalks, or ripped carpets.
Losing one’s life as a result of injuries is heartbreaking. You cannot bring back your loved one with legal action, but you can provide a pathway to justice and accountability.
When you suffer injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to recover damages for your pain and suffering. Find out your rights and how much your case is worth by scheduling a free case consultation with Issa & Castro today.
we're ready to fight for you
Ok, what kinds of expenses could I recover?
We always say, “it depends.”. The extent of your injuries, the policy limits, the property damage, and what the future may hold based on medical evaluations are all things that need to be considered. In your case, we should expect the following expenses:
- Doctor’s office visits
- Diagnostic tests (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, etc.)
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices (crutches, neck braces, scooters, etc.)
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter medication
- Lost wages
- Potential future income lost
- Caretakers or help getting around
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Since each of these must be related to the law, trying to evaluate your case on your own might result in you overlooking something significant or failing to consider an aspect that the law does not address. Getting a case evaluation will allow you to find out what your case is worth.
Wait. What do you mean pain and suffering can be compensated?
If you are injured, you will suffer from low energy levels and mental health problems. A person must adapt their lives around an injury, and there is a certain amount of grief over losing what was and being unable to do what one could have done.
In addition to injuries, we must also consider the disrupted sleep, anxiety, and depression that can occur. This is the meaning of pain and suffering. A series of averages will be used by the insurance company to evaluate your case. But not us. We will consider your story and circumstances when seeking compensation and recovery on your behalf.
The insurance company offered a settlement.
It seems pretty good. Should we take it?
By now, you probably know we will say, “it depends on the circumstances surrounding your case.”
Our experience tells us that personal injury claims are a one-and-done affair. In the event that you later require more medical treatment for your injuries, which costs more time and money, you cannot ask for another serving of cash after accepting an offer. You should ensure that any offer you are considering provides for the present as well as the future.
We will provide you with advice, negotiate on your behalf, and ensure that your interests are protected to the fullest extent possible. Even if the insurance company puts you at risk, we’ll go to court and fight for you.
Alright, what can I do to help my case?
The documentation is like the food at an event: It doesn’t have to be there, but without it, everything falls apart. Be sure everything is documented.
These should be at the top of your list:
- You can use your smartphone to take photos and videos of everything. We mean everything: the scene, your vehicle, the opposing vehicle, the roadway, any signs that may have been damaged; you shouldn’t be shy.
- Take a look at dashcams, security cameras, and roadway cameras. As a result, you have to act quickly because that footage might disappear. If you need help retrieving the recordings, contact us immediately.
- Personal information may be provided by anyone who witnessed the incident. Make sure that you record the statement if possible.
- You will need to know the other driver’s name, phone number, and the policy information that he or she has.
- How to contact your insurance provider
- The charges and information provided by your medical provider
- You might have to pay for other expenses such as riding in an ambulance, taking time off work (including sick or vacation time), and being unable to get to work; making changes to your living space; and if you need walking boots, crutches, or walkers.
Keeping a detailed health record will help you make your party feast even better – and we mean documentation. Your closest friends, family members, and colleagues are often the first to notice a change in your mood, sleep pattern, or appetite.
- You may be forgetful after suffering an injury. It seems as if you’ve suddenly forgotten where you put your keys, what someone told you a few minutes ago, or who to call at work. As an adult, you should be able to do all of these things on your own. Over time, these things might indicate a brain injury. You should make a note of what happened on your smartphone.
- Take note of your mood. There will be ups and downs in an average person’s day, and that is natural. Any highs and lows or responses that seem out of proportion to the situation should be noted.
- Your coordination, balance, and five senses should all be observed. Does anything seem off? Do you have trouble writing or typing? Have difficulty buttoning your pants or tying your shoes? Are you struggling to walk? Keep track of your progress.
We can draw a clearer picture of your injuries and your experience with the right type of documentation, which can make the difference in securing a favorable settlement.
What should I say to my insurance company?
However, despite the fact that your insurance company appears to be your ally, they are mostly for-profit corporations whose primary interest is profits. Despite your desire to report the accident, you do not want to divulge any information about your health or fault. Before you provide any recorded statements, seek advice from an attorney.
The following are things you should and shouldn’t do when talking to your insurance provider:
- Don’t give a recorded statement without consulting an attorney
- Don’t offer details about your health
- Don’t say you’re “fine” or “ok” or “feeling great today.”
- Don’t tell your story
- Don’t say anything like “I wasn’t paying attention” or “I don’t know what happened”
- Don’t accept any offers without consulting an attorney
- Don’t post on social media
You can rely on Issa & Castro, Alpharetta’s personal injury lawyers, to represent your interests.
You should provide details, such as “I was traveling 54 mph on the I-16 at 5:00 p.m. and Mr. Smith’s car struck me on the driver’s side.”
How soon should I file a claim?
Property damage suits must be filed within four years of a Georgia injury, and personal injury suits within two years. Is it worth waiting this long? As you get further away from the incident, your memory of it becomes less likely. It certainly raises eyebrows if a claim is filed later on.
What should I look for when I want to hire a personal injury lawyer?
It is impossible to make a good deal with a bad partner, regardless of what degree or accolade we all have. If you are seeking solid representation, keep an eye out for these qualities:
- Do you believe that this lawyer genuinely cares about you? Finding an attorney can be a daunting process, so trust your instincts when it comes to finding one. Trust and safety have been covered when you feel like your lawyer cares about your story and treats it with importance.
- Do you understand what your lawyer is trying to say? We know that some people speak legalese, even though asking an obvious question like this is absurd. If your lawyer is able to communicate with you clearly and in a way that makes sense to you, you’ve already got the next thing down.
- What is the topic of the conversation with your lawyer? There is no escaping the fact that this is your case and your life, so it is all about you. Does your lawyer ask you questions relating to your health and experience? Do you feel that they care about your opinion? Partnering with a lawyer who is invested in your case can also be beneficial.
Providing you with results that make you smile is our goal. Our strategy and empathy will be put to work while we fight to make you whole. Call or text 770-LAWSUIT to schedule your complimentary case evaluation.