Involved in a car accident? Not the best news.
The intersections in Roswell, Georgia, had become a focal point of confusion, frustration, and danger for drivers. No one knows when an accident will occur. Drivers can make severe mistakes.
Accidents resulting in personal injury can be very stressful and scary, but there is hope. Whiplash and concussions are among the many injuries that will heal on their own within a few weeks. Conversely, other injuries may require additional medical attention and require the worker to take time off work.
You can feel frustrated after a car accident and feel as though your time is taken up by the thought of dealing with the headache caused by the accident. You should look into your legal rights even if you don’t think you can afford a personal injury lawyer.
Here’s what to do after you’ve been involved in or injured in a car accident:
Take deep breaths. To calm your nervous system following an upsetting experience, stay focused on your breath and in the present moment.
You should examine both your physical and mental health. If you are injured, please seek immediate medical attention. An injury to soft tissue or brain may not manifest immediately. Don’t be surprised if you are sore for a few days after the wreck because the shock of the wreck may dampen your pain. Make sure you get checked out at the hospital. If you aren’t sure where to go, feel free to give us a call. We’ll put you in touch with someone who will be able to help.
It is important that the police are notified of the crash. If anyone has been injured, call 911 immediately. Call (770) 640-4160, the non-emergency number of the Roswell police department. If you are on a state highway, you can contact the Georgia State Patrol.
The players need to be identified. Do you know who the other driver is? Do you have their license number? Which kind of vehicle are they driving? With which insurance company are they insured? Was anyone there when the accident occurred? Gather as much information as you can about the other party. This information is crucial.
Inform your employer about your situation by calling them. “I’ve just been in a car accident, and I’m getting medical attention. I will let you know my status later today. I’m sorry that I can’t come in today.”
Before filing a claim with your insurance company, contact Roswell car accident lawyers Issa & Castro. Exactly why should you? Health insurance companies are more concerned with protecting their pockets than with protecting yours. You may be asked to give a recorded statement. Investigators are adept at asking questions that don’t reveal the entire truth, undervaluing your case in the process.
How much is your case worth?
Lawyers advertise lucrative settlements a lot. Our experience tells us these people would gladly give up the cash for their health and mobility any day. However, the damages you suffer due to a collision should be compensated.
Would you mind telling me how much your case is worth? Typically, car accident lawyers will respond with, “It depends.” We don’t mean to dodge your question, but it does depend on the circumstances. The nature of the insurance policy limits and crash factors vary with each case. As a result, every lawyer will view your case differently.
One of our clients had a zero-dollar case value. Our firm was able to negotiate a settlement of $1,000,000 for him. Does that happen often? Can you expect a similar outcome? Maybe. The only way to know for sure is to speak to a car accident attorney.
Meeting with us does not require you to leave your home. A case evaluation is provided free of charge through Zoom. With nearly 20 years of experience representing clients in nearly every Georgia courtroom, we will listen carefully to your case and provide our opinion.
we're ready to fight for you
Ok, but how much do you charge after the free consultation?
We provide contingency-based services, meaning we don’t get paid until you do.
We work on a contingency basis, which means we don’t get paid until you do. As a result, you can be certain that we will maximize your recovery by handling your case correctly. Assisting with documentation, investigation, and negotiation, we will immediately put our experience, skill, and resources to work without charging you a cent.
Please call or text 770-LAWSUIT today to schedule a complimentary case consultation to discover how aggressive and compassionate representation can benefit you following an accident.
Couldn’t I just handle this on my own?
Calling the insurance company will allow you to open a claim. A doctor’s appointment can be scheduled as well. Any offers that come your way can be accepted or declined. You do not need an attorney. However, you may still wish to hire one.
Here are a few ways we can help you.
What happens to your vehicle and to your body after a car accident is only the beginning of the process. We had a client whose neck pain became chronic after a minor collision; he suffered a few visible injuries, but his condition eventually limited his mobility. Even if everything seems fine now, we need to find out what damages might be incurred in the future as a result of this accident. To ensure you’re protected both now and in the future, we’ll work with your medical experts.
A car repair or a trip to the doctor may also require some spending money. Taking time off of work means losing income. Furthermore, all therapies and medications should be paid for if they are started. To keep your finances from suffering a financial setback following a car accident, we can help you track and recover these expenses.
On top of that, we will contact the insurance companies on your behalf so you won’t have to worry about saying the wrong thing. We will relieve you of stress so you can recuperate, and we will protect your short- and long-term interests.
We will strengthen your case by preparing it as if it were going to trial. Most cases get settled without going to court. However, we won’t treat your case as if it’s going to settle. Rather, we will prepare as if your case is going to court. As a result, you can rest assured that you will have an aggressive representative in your corner fighting for you.
Our top priority is your peace of mind. When it comes to a personal injury lawsuit, there are many decisions to be made, and each decision has its own consequences. Let us help you make the right decision. Therefore, you know if the offer you receive is worth accepting or rejecting, whether you choose to settle or go to trial.
I’m interested. What kinds of cases do you handle?
We specialize in the strategic resolution of the following issues:
In the event of a collision between two cars or light trucks, one or both of the following generally happens:
– Hit and run
Speed, the direction of travel, vehicle weight, and many other factors determine the severity of each of these accidents. The most minor of accidents can result in serious injuries.
18-wheelers, buses, and vehicles transporting hazardous materials are involved in these crashes. There may be more than one party liable in the event of a crash. Trucks operating on commercial roads must adhere to extremely strict regulations. There are a number of factors at play in these cases, so you need aggressive representation to ensure that the proper parties are held accountable.
As a motorcycle shares the road with larger, heavier vehicles, it has its share of vulnerabilities.
It can be harrowing to ride a bicycle on a busy road even though it is a great way to exercise or do your grocery shopping. Even if a negligent driver followed a traffic safety law, they might still be held responsible for any injuries.
Writing about these cases seems to put us in greater danger, doesn’t it? As a result of traffic and the dangers associated with vehicles, walking around can be more dangerous than it should be.
A certain standard of care should be expected when it comes to your health. If your medical provider harms you, your entire world could change.
Nursing Home Abuse
We understand the agony of watching a loved one suffer abuse, even though it is difficult to speak about. Your elderly relative can contact us if they show signs of distress, have money missing after a stay in a nursing home, or have physical markings that suddenly appear. Do not tolerate abuse.
Often, a property that is in disrepair can present hazards that can lead to slips and falls. Injury-causing slips and falls may be caused by broken railings, obstructed sidewalks, and ripped carpeting.
Deaths caused by injuries are tragic. Even if a loved one cannot be brought back, legal action can still bring justice and accountability.
You may be entitled to recover damages if you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, such as medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact Issa & Castro for a free consultation to learn more about your rights and what your case is worth.
we're ready to fight for you
Ok, what kinds of expenses could I recover?
Like we always say, it depends. Each accident case has its own set of variables, such as the policy limits, property damage, the extent of your injuries, and what the future may hold for you based on medical evaluation. We often factor these expenses into accident cases:
- Doctor’s office visits
- Diagnostic tests (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, etc.)
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices (crutches, neck braces, scooters, etc.)
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter medication
- Lost wages
- Potential future income lost
- Caretakers or help getting around
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Since each of these must be related to the law, trying to evaluate your case on your own might result in you overlooking something significant or failing to consider an aspect that the law does not address. It’s best to get a case evaluation if you want to know what your case is worth.
Wait. What do you mean pain and suffering can be compensated?
If you are injured, you lose energy and suffer mental health problems. You are grieving over what has been lost and what you have been unable to do as a result of your injury. An injury can disrupt your sleep, make you anxious, and even make you depressed. These are signs of pain and suffering.
Insurance companies will evaluate your case according to a series of averages. We won’t do that. Taking your story and circumstances into account, we’ll fight for the compensation and recovery you deserve.
The insurance company offered a settlement.
It seems pretty good. Should we take it?
By now, you might be able to guess that we will say, “it depends on your facts.”
Our experience tells us that personal injury cases are one-and-done. As soon as you accept a settlement offer, you cannot ask for more money if you end up needing more medical attention for your injuries, which can be expensive and time-consuming. Personal injury cases are not like eating dinner with your grandmother. You must be certain that any offer you accept will cover your immediate and future needs.
We will provide you with legal advice as well as negotiate on your behalf, protecting your interests at all costs. In the event your rights are not respected by the insurance company, we will take the case to court.
Alright, what can I do to help my case?
Without documentation, you will not succeed. Documentation isn’t magical, but it is necessary. Everything should be documented.
Prioritize the following:
- The camera and video capabilities of your smartphone allow you to capture everything you see. Everything is included in our definition: the scene, the vehicle, the roadway, the signs, or anything else that was damaged. Search for dashcams, security cameras, and roadway cameras. You will need to be quick, though, since the footage can be erased at any moment. Get in contact with us as soon as possible so that we can help you retrieve the recordings.
- Personal information may be provided by those who witnessed the incident. You may want to record their statements.
- Details about the other driver, such as their name, phone number, and insurance information
- The best way to contact your insurance company
- Information and charges from your medical provider
- You may also incur expenses such as riding in an emergency vehicle, being absent from work (which includes sick and vacation time), not being able to get to work, modifying your home, or purchasing devices such as walking boots, crutches, or walkers.
Additionally, you may want to keep a detailed record of your health if you truly want your party feast to stand out – we mean documentation. A change in your mood, sleep, or appetite is usually first noticed by those around you.
- An injury may cause you to forget things. Perhaps you can’t recall where you left your keys, what someone said a moment ago, or who your coworker is. Adults are capable of doing any of those things on their own. Nonetheless, these things may be indicative of a traumatic brain injury taken together. Write or dictate a note about what happened using your smartphone.
- Observe your mood. There is no doubt that most of us go through highs and lows from time to time. You should note any instances of highs or lows that do not seem appropriate for the situation.
- Watch your balance, coordination, and five senses. Are you dropping things more often than usual? Do you have trouble writing or typing? Does it seem difficult to tie your shoes or button your pants? Does walking seem difficult? Pay attention to these things.
By using this type of documentation, we can gain a better understanding of what you’ve been through and your injuries, which may be just what we need to reach a resolution that you are satisfied with.
What should I say to my insurance company?
In spite of the fact that it appears as though your insurer is on your side, most of the time, they are a for-profit company. Your accident is something you want to report, but you don’t want people to know anything about your health, fault, or story. Consult an attorney before filing an official record.
The following tips will help you communicate with your insurance company:
- Don’t give a recorded statement without consulting an attorney
- Don’t offer details about your health
- Don’t say you’re “fine” or “okay” or “feeling great today.”
- Don’t tell your story
- Don’t say anything like “I wasn’t paying attention” or “I don’t know what happened”
- Don’t accept any offers without consulting an attorney
- Don’t post on social media
For representation, contact Issa & Castro, Roswell’s personal injury lawyers.
Provide facts, such as “At 5:00 p.m., I was driving 54 mph, heading east, when my car was struck by Mr. Smith’s vehicle on the driver’s side.”
How soon should I file a claim?
Personal injury claims in Georgia must be filed within two years of the injury, and property damage claims within four years. It makes no sense to wait. The farther away from the incident, the less likely you are to recall it. It raises some eyebrows when a claim is filed so long following an incident.
What should I look for when I want to hire a personal injury lawyer?
Regardless of the accolades and degrees we all have, it is impossible to make a good deal with a bad partner. To find solid representation, consider the following:
- How confident are you that this lawyer truly cares about you? There are many options when it comes to hiring an attorney, so go with what feels right for you. Trust and safety are the two main factors you need to feel like you matter when you’re with your lawyer.
- Can you understand what your lawyer is saying? While it may seem silly to ask a question of this nature, we know that many people use legal jargon. Next, your lawyer should be able to communicate with you in a way that makes sense to you: clear and direct communication.
- Does your lawyer talk to you about you when he or she speaks to you? In the end, this is your case, and this is your life, so the decision rests entirely with you. Is your lawyer interested in your well-being and experience? Does he or she listen to you? In addition, if your lawyer keeps the conversation focused on you, you have a third reason to be committed to them.
In the end, we want you to be satisfied with the outcome. As we fight with the purpose of making you whole, you can count on our strategy and empathy to work for you. Please call or text 770-LAWSUIT to schedule a complimentary consultation.