Sandy Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
Sandy Springs, Georgia is a beautiful city with many historic buildings. On the other hand, some travelers mistake driving through the city too fast and do not enjoy all it has to offer. This can lead to severe mistakes made by drivers.
Personal injury accidents can be very scary and stressful, but there is hope. Many injuries, such as whiplash and concussions, will go away on their own within a few weeks. However, other injuries may need more medical attention and thus time off of work.
For example, a car accident can leave you feeling frustrated and your time consumed by the thought of dealing with the headache caused by it. While you may not think you can afford a personal injury attorney, it is worth looking into your legal rights.
Here’s what to do after you’ve been involved in or injured in a car accident:
Breathe deeply and slowly. Maintain your attention on your breath and in the present moment to create a sense of calm and regulate your nervous system—an upsetting experience.
Examine your physical and mental health. Get medical attention as soon as possible if you are injured. Symptoms of a soft tissue or brain injury may not become evident right away. There’s a good chance that the shock of the wreck will dampen your pain, so don’t be surprised if you’re sore a few days after the wreck. Get yourself checked out at the hospital. Give us a call if you aren’t sure where to go. We’ll connect you with a medical professional who can help.
Police should be notified of the crash. Call 911 if anyone has been injured. Call the non-emergency number of the Sandy Springs police department, (770) 551-6900. You can contact the nearest Georgia State Patrol office if you’re on a state freeway.
You need to identify the players. Can you identify the other driver? Can you get their license number? What kind of vehicle did they drive? Which insurance company do they have? Did anyone witness the collision? You should get as much information about the other party as possible. This information is essential.
You should call work and inform them of your situation. “I just got into a car accident, and I’m going to get medical help. I’ll let you know my status at the end of the day. Sorry I can’t come in today.”
Contact Sandy Springs car accident lawyers Issa & Castro before you file a claim with your insurance company. But why? Your own insurance company is more concerned with protecting its purse than with protecting your health. You’ll likely be asked to give a recorded statement. Investigators are well-versed in asking questions that don’t tell the whole story and consequently undervalue your case.
How much is your case worth?
Attorneys are known for advertising their lucrative settlements. We know from experience that these folks would rather trade the cash for their health and mobility any day of the week. Nevertheless, you should be compensated for the damages you incur as a result of a collision.
Can you tell me how much your case is worth? A typical car accident lawyer’s response is, “It depends.” We don’t mean to dodge your question, but it does actually depend on the circumstances. Each case is unique because insurance policy limits and crash circumstances differ. As a result, every lawyer has a different perspective on your case.
The case of one of our clients was valued at zero dollars. However, we negotiated a settlement of $1,000,000. Is this common? Could you expect something similar? Possibly. Only a car accident attorney can tell you for sure.
You do not have to leave your home to meet with us. We provide free case evaluations over Zoom. As an experienced attorney who has represented clients in nearly every county courtroom in Georgia for nearly 20 years, we will listen to your case and provide our opinion.
we're ready to fight for you
Ok, but how much do you charge after the free consultation?
We provide contingency-based services, meaning we don’t get paid until you do.
Our services are contingency-based, which means we are not paid until you are. Thus, you can be sure we will work hard to maximize your recovery by managing your case the right way. Without charging you a cent, we will immediately put our experience, skill, and resources to work for you, assisting with documentation, investigation, and negotiation.
Call or text 770-LAWSUIT today to schedule your complimentary case consultation to learn how aggressive; compassionate representation can help you after a car accident.
Couldn’t I just handle this on my own?
You can definitely open an insurance claim by calling the insurance company. You can even schedule an appointment with your doctor. You can accept or decline any offers that come your way. An attorney is not necessary. However, you should still consider hiring one.
We can help you in the following ways.
What happens to your vehicle and your body is only the tip of the iceberg in the aftermath of a car accident. A client of ours was involved in a minor collision; he suffered a little visible injury, but his condition became chronic neck pain, eventually limiting his mobility. Even though things may seem okay now, we need to know what possible future damages may arise from this accident. We’ll work with your medical experts to ensure your health is protected both now and in the future.
Likewise, you may have to shell out some cash for expenses such as fixing up your car or going to the doctor. Losing time from work is lost income. In addition, all therapies and medications should be paid for if you start them. To keep your finances from taking a hit due to your car accident, we can help you track and recover these expenses.
Also, we will communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf so that you do not have to worry about saying the wrong thing. We’ll relieve you of stress so you can recover, and we’ll safeguard your short- and long-term interests.
By preparing your case as if it were going to trial, we’ll help strengthen your case. We usually settle out of court, so don’t worry. Nevertheless, we won’t treat your case like it’s going to settle. Instead, we will prepare as if you will appear in court. That ensures that your case will always be handled by an aggressive representation that will take on the insurance company on your behalf.
Your peace of mind is our priority. There are many decisions to be made along the way in a personal injury lawsuit, and each decision has unique consequences. Our lawyers will provide you with strategic advice. Hence, you know when to accept or reject any offer that comes your way-including the choice between settlement and trial.
I’m interested. What kinds of cases do you handle?
We specialize in the strategic resolution of the following issues:
In the event of a collision between two cars or light trucks, one or both of the following generally happens:
– Hit and run
Speed, the direction of travel, vehicle weight, and many other factors determine the severity of each of these accidents. The most minor of accidents can result in serious injuries.
These crashes involve commercial vehicles, such as 18-wheelers, buses, or vehicles transporting hazardous materials. In the case of a crash, there may be multiple parties liable. Commercial trucks are required to follow extremely strict guidelines. Many factors are involved in these cases, so you will need aggressive representation to ensure that the proper parties are held responsible.
The majority of vehicles that share a road are larger and heavier, so riding a motorcycle comes with its share of vulnerabilities.
Even though riding a bicycle is a great way to exercise or go grocery shopping, it can be harrowing if you’re riding on a busy road. Whether or not a negligent driver follows a traffic safety law, they may still be held accountable for injuries.
As we write about these cases, we seem to be in greater danger, doesn’t it? When you factor in the traffic and the dangers of vehicles, walking around can be more dangerous than it should be.
In terms of your health, you have the right to expect certain standards of care. Your life can be turned upside down if your provider causes injury.
Nursing Home Abuse
Although it is difficult for us to talk about, we understand the agony of watching a loved one suffer abuse. You can consult us if your elderly relative shows signs of distress, is missing money after a stay in a nursing home or shows physical markings that appear suddenly. Abuse should never be tolerated.
When a property is in disrepair, it may present hazards that may lead to slips and falls. Slips and falls caused by broken railings, obstructed sidewalks, and ripped carpeting may result in injuries.
Injuries that end in death are truly tragic. However, legal action can provide justice and accountability, even if it cannot bring back a loved one.
When you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover medical costs, lost wages, and damages for pain and suffering. Get a free case consultation with Issa & Castro to learn what your rights are and how much your case is worth.
we're ready to fight for you
Ok, what kinds of expenses could I recover?
It depends, as we always say. There are variables in every accident case, such as policy limits, property damage, the extent of your injuries, and what the future might hold for you based on medical evaluations. Here are some expenses we often consider in accident cases:
- Doctor’s office visits
- Diagnostic tests (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, etc.)
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices (crutches, neck braces, scooters, etc.)
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter medication
- Lost wages
- Potential future income lost
- Caretakers or help getting around
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Each of these must be related to the law, so if you try to evaluate your own case, you may overlook something crucial or fail to consider something that the law does not address. If you want to know what your case is worth, it’s best to get a case evaluation.
Wait. What do you mean pain and suffering can be compensated?
Your energy level and your mental health are negatively affected when you are injured. There’s a lot of grief over losing what was and losing out on what you are not able to do because of the injury. When you suffer injuries, your sleep can be disrupted, you may feel anxious, and you may even be depressed. This is pain and suffering.
Your case will be evaluated based on the insurance company’s series of averages. But we won’t do that. Considering your story and circumstances, we’ll fight for the compensation and recovery you deserve.
The insurance company offered a settlement.
It seems pretty good. Should we take it?
You probably have a good idea by now that we’re going to say, “it depends on the facts of your case.”
There’s one thing we know for sure: Personal injury cases are a one-and-done kind of thing. In the case that you accept an offer and then need more medical attention for your injuries, which is both time and money-consuming, you cannot ask for more money. Cases involving personal injury aren’t like dinner at grandma. When accepting an offer, be sure it covers your present and future needs.
In addition to providing you with legal advice and negotiating on your behalf, we’ll do everything in our power to protect your interests. In the event that the insurance company refuses to honor your rights, we will take the matter to court.
Alright, what can I do to help my case?
There is nothing magical about documentation, but without it, your claim is a bust. Make sure everything is documented.
Put these at the top of your list:
- You can take pictures or videos of everything you see with your smartphone. We mean everything: the scene, the vehicle, the roadway, the signs, or anything that was damaged. Please don’t be shy! It’s like potato chips: there’s just no end to it.
- Find dash cams, security cameras, or roadway cameras. You’ll need to be fast, though, since the footage can be erased quickly. Contact us right away so we can assist you with accessing these recordings.
- Anyone who witnesses the incident may provide personal information. Consider recording a statement.
- Details about the other driver, including their name, phone number, and insurance information
- How to contact your insurance company
- All charges and information from your medical provider
- You may also incur expenses such as riding in an emergency vehicle, time away from work (including sick and vacation time), time spent not being able to get to work, modifications to your home, or devices you may need such as walking boots, crutches, or walkers.
In addition, you may want to keep a detailed record of your health if you truly want to put your party feast over the top – we mean documentation. The people around you are usually the first to notice the changes in your mood, sleep, or appetite.
- You might be forgetful after an injury. You can’t remember where you left the keys, what someone said just moments ago, or the name of your coworker. Being an adult means being able to do any of those things on your own. However, when taken together, those things may indicate a brain injury. You need to get your smartphone out and type or dictate a note about what happened.
- Keep an eye on your mood. Most of us aren’t always even-keeled, so it’s normal to experience highs and lows from time to time. Take note if you observe any highs or lows that don’t seem appropriate for the situation and note them.
- Observe your coordination, balance, and five senses. Do you drop things more often than usual? Do you find it difficult to write or type? Do you have trouble tying your shoes or buttoning your pants? Are you having trouble walking? Take note of these things.
We could use this type of documentation to gain a better understanding of your injuries and what you’ve been through, which might be the very thing that allows us to secure a resolution that you are happy with.
What should I say to my insurance company?
Even if it may seem like your insurance company is on your side, they’re most likely a for-profit corporation with a profit motive. If you have an accident, you’d like to report it, but you don’t want to share details of your health, fault, or story. Before making an official record, talk to an attorney.
Here are some tips for talking with your insurance company:
- Don’t give a recorded statement without consulting an attorney
- Don’t offer details about your health
- Don’t say you’re “fine” or “okay” or “feeling great today.”
- Don’t tell your story
- Don’t say anything like “I wasn’t paying attention” or “I don’t know what happened”
- Don’t accept any offers without consulting an attorney
- Don’t post on social media
Do contact Issa & Castro, Sandy Springs’s personal injury lawyers, to represent your interests. Do offer facts, like “At 5:00 p.m., I was driving 54 mph, heading east, when I was struck by Mr. Smith’s vehicle on the driver’s side.”
How soon should I file a claim?
A Georgia personal injury lawsuit must be filed within two years of the injury, and a property damage suit within four years. What’s the point of waiting? As you get farther from the incident, you are less likely to remember it. The filing of a claim long after an incident has occurred does raise some eyebrows.
What should I look for when I want to hire a personal injury lawyer?
A good deal cannot be done with a bad partner, regardless of the degrees and accolades we all have. When you’re looking for solid representation, pay attention to these things:
- Are you confident that this lawyer genuinely cares for you? It’s no secret that there are tons of choices when it comes to hiring an attorney, so go with what feels right. You’ve got the biggest factor covered when you feel like you matter when you’re with your lawyer: trust and safety.
- Do you understand what your lawyer is saying? It may seem silly to ask this type of question, but we know many people use legal jargon. You’ve got the next thing right if your lawyer can communicate clearly with you in a way that makes sense to you: clear and direct communication.
- When you speak to your lawyer, is it about you? Ultimately, this is your case, and this is your life, so it all comes down to you. Does your lawyer ask questions about your wellbeing and experience? Do they listen to you? You have a third reason to partner with your lawyer if they keep the conversation focused on you: they are invested in your case.
It’s our goal to create a result that makes you smile. You can count on us to put our strategy and empathy to work for you while we fight with a purpose to make you whole. To schedule a complimentary case evaluation, please text or call 770-LAWSUIT.